Our 2019 Charity: Centrepoint
When Lansons was established we immediately committed to donating 1% of our profits every year to charity, a commitment which we have maintained throughout our 30 years.
Every financial year our people choose a charity to support. This year we are supporting homeless charity Centrepoint.
We also run a programme of additional fundraising events throughout the year, so that we can increase the total of our charity contribution.
At Lansons, fundraising is led by a core charity team, with volunteers across the business contributing to various initiatives so that everyone can get involved, offer their skills, creativity, and sense of adventure in some way.
Here’s a snapshot of our various fundraising activities this year for Centrepoint.
- Lansons Lottery is our monthly prize draw. People buy tickets through payroll and half the money collected goes to our charity of the year with the rest going to the winner of the draw; an average prize of £100.
- Cupid’s Treats mean love is in the air and people show their Valentine’s Day appreciation for colleagues through gifts of chocolate roses and love hearts delivered to their desks.
- January cake bake –to beat the new year blues we organise a cake sale on ‘Blue Monday’ where Lansons’ star bakers donate some delicious creations to be purchased by staff and judged by a chef from the infamous St John Restaurant.
- The association with Centrepoint kicked off in a meaningful way with a mass London sleep out. A team of 10 from Lansons joined hundreds of volunteers for Centrepoint’s ‘Break the Cycle’ in November 2018. Braving the winter weather with nothing but a sleeping bag for shelter. They raised a whopping £4,943.
- Grand National Sweepstake. We had three winners who all chose to donate their winnings to Centrepoint.
- Grand Slansons returned! Teams nominated people to compete in this fierce table tennis tournament.
- Christmas jumper day is always a laugh, with light up Santas to glow in the dark Christmas puddings walking through the office. £1 was donated by everyone wearing a festive jumper.
- Lansons League is our fantasy football league run for charity with over 100 participants donating to enter. It is championed by Tony and a firm charity favourite. External business contacts won all three places this year but it hasn’t stopped Lansons people signing up for the 11th season coming soon!
- Everybody is invited to donate their last hour of salary of the year to charity and nearly everybody does.
Our Annual Christmas Fair is our flagship charity event and a favourite in people’s Christmas calendar.
We invite friends, family, clients and contacts and turn our meeting room floor into a magical winter wonderland where people can buy beautiful gifts and delicious food. Stalls have evolved over the years, with stallholders often being employees, their families, local companies and generally people we know.
Companies are very generous with raffle prizes and everybody helps on the night. Even though Shirley retired this year we’ll still use her secret sausage recipe (she handed it over) and we’re sure she’ll be there to see it’s up to scratch! Last year we raised £3,000.
If you’d like to hear about our fundraising activities and events in 2020, subscribe to our newsletter.
Providing a complete blueprint and toolkit for reputation, authored by our Co-Founder and Chief Executive Tony Langham...Read more
Making the case for the return
Lansons' Board Director, David Masters warns those in asset management face a different challenge for returning to the office...Read more