Targeting the Japanese market for Isle of Man Ship Registry
Boosted the profile of the Isle of Man Ship registry in a Far Eastern market
- To improve the profile of the Isle of Man Ship Registry in an increasingly important market and to demonstrate to Japanese owners and operators that the Registry operates a high quality and responsive registry.
- Lansons proposed the client harnessed support of an agency in the region that was closer to the market and media and would maximise potential opportunities.
- We recommended an agency [from our PROI network] with relevant expertise and managed the implementation and delivery of the project for the Ship Registry as well as advising on existing strategy and marketing materials that could be exploited for the Japanese market.
- Lansons approached the PROI network partner in Japan (Asahi Agency) to assess credentials and capability to assist with the project.
- Assessed strategy and tactics agency proposed against our own programme and recommendations and liaised with the Asahi Agency to agree strategy, contract, targets, outputs and fees.
- Lansons worked with the Isle of Man Ship Registry to produce media materials which were translated by the Asahi Agency and distributed to press ahead and at the shipping conferences.
- Lansons liaised with Asahi Agency on the schedule of media briefings. Briefings were facilitated by Asahi Agency with a translator. Both agencies consulted the client at every step of the visit.
- Secured nine briefings with leading shipping and business press in the region.
- Five pieces of coverage appeared all showcasing the benefits of the Isle of Man Ship Registry for owners and operators in the Far East.
- All coverage including key messages about the Registry’s expertise and heritage plus their growth plans into Japan.